Pin Prick Portrait Development 2: Tin Foil

Simplified outline on shiny side of foil laid flat on white paper

Pinned to a sunny window

Cut out portrait

Using sunlight to highlight the pin pricks

Detail

I wanted to experiment with substrates other than paper based ones, but due to coronavirus isolation measures I could only use materials available to me at home - I chose kitchen foil as a material with properties different to paper but which is thin enough to allow a needle to pass through.  I chose a fairly simplified image for the experiment, but I would like to move this forward with something more complex.  I particularly like the contrast between the effect of the dull and the shiny sides of the foil and the way the effect of light passing through the  holes is intensified by the reflective nature of the metal.

Comments